With the support of Save the Children, Samunnat Nepal developed comprehensive ToT Manual on Life Skill and Financial Skill. Manual covers the activity on life skill and financial skill covering the issues of child marriage, child labor, seasonal migration and migration for labor. Delivering 11 life skills through activity and basic financial skills for adolescent ToT was organized in Rolpa district for community school teachers to deliver the session on life skill and financial skill. Focusing to develop life skill and financial skills among adolescent to deal with different complex and dilemma situation to have better future and equipping with financial skill for saving habits with basic concept was the main objectives of ToT. Posters was developed to have additional materials on conveying the message of life skill and financial skill crossing the issues of child marriage, child labor, labor for migration and basic financial skill such as saving habits, advantages of saving etc. Also 10 games sets (5 for life skill and 5 for financial skill)was developed to ease the understanding of life skill and financial skill.
- February – March, 2016
- To prepare twenty facilitators to facilitate session of life skill and financial skill to internalize the importance of life skill as well as financial skill for reducing child labor, child abuse, force labor & its vulnerability among 13 to 18 yrs. children and adolescent.
- 20 teachers(17 male & 3 female)were capacitated on life skills and financial skill and trained as a trainer on life skill and financial skill
- Commitment of 20 teachers on conducting life skill and financial skill session.
- Sensitized about child protection, seasonal migration, child labour, child abuse, child marriage, importance of education and its issues intervening through life skill education as well as activity for in and out of school children and adolescent
- Contents:Life skill
- Introduction ( 11 life skills)
- Difference between life skill, livelihood skill and other skill
- Importance of life skill
- Detail activity of 11 life skills
- Financial Skill
- Introduction (basic clarification on financial skill)
- Need and wants in financial perspective
- Saving, income & expenses (what, why, where, how, when)
- Saving of resources (6 R of saving)